"We cannot solve our problems by the same thinking we used when we created them."
One of the comments I hear often from clients is: "I don't know what to do." If you've ever found yourself saying this, I'd like to offer a process you can use to help you get greater clarity, and I'll use Einstein's quote as the starting point.
If everything in Life is vibration, that means that your words and your thoughts also have a vibrational frequency. When you hear someone gossiping and speaking negatively about another person, their words and thoughts reflect a lower frequency. When you listen to the love poetry of Rumi or hear the lyrics of Pharrell's song "Happy," the frequency is much higher. You can tell the difference because the higher the frequency, the more joyous, expansive and free you feel.
Now, if you're experiencing a problem in your life, the problem is operating at a lower frequency because you're probably feeling angst and life-draining energy from it. If you've been trying to resolve your problem and getting nowhere, what's a person to do? Here's the answer:
If you're stuck on finding the answer to your problem, you have to raise the vibrational frequency of your question.
- Here's an example of how you can up the frequency of your question. You can ask, How can we stop arguing and fighting all the time? Or you can ask, What steps can we take to create a more peaceful, harmonious, and loving relationship?
Do you feel the difference in vibrational frequencies?
- You can ask, How can I lose 10 pounds? Or you can ask, What can I do to help my body become more fit, flexible and radiant?
The trick here is to keep on honing in and crafting the question so that it reflects a higher vibrational feeling in you. Sometimes it takes me 5 times until I come up with the right question.
Then once you have the high vibrational question, the next step is to brainstorm 20 possible answers to your question. There's no editing in this process. Just write down whatever comes to mind. And keep on doing it until you come up with at least 20 answers.
After you have your 20 answers, then circle the 3-5 answers that resonate with you and call for you to take inspired action. And here's the kicker: Start taking action on one of those items immediately!
I want to give a big shout out to Mary Morrissey for introducing me to this process. And a big thanks to Einstein for his inspiration behind this exercise by encouraging a new level of thinking to solving problems.
So here's your coaching assignment for the week:
- Choose a problem that you're experiencing and write down a question that you could ask yourself to help you solve this problem.
- Check your feelings. Does this question feel like a high vibrational frequency question?
- Keep on re-working the question until you feel like it carries that feeling of being more joyous, expansive and free.
- Once you have the question, write down 20 possible answers. Remember, no editing!
- Circle 3-5 of the answers that resonate most with you, and take action immediately on those answers.
This is a great process to do every time you feel stuck or don't know what to do. The higher the vibration of your question, the more in alignment and congruent you are with Source itself. That's why Mary Morrissey calls the process of answering the question "Sourcing Ideas." The ideas that flow from a higher frequency are ideas from Source itself.
For those of you who like to get extra stars and do some additional homework, ask yourself these high frequency questions: What can I do to live a freer, fuller and more expansive life? And how can I create a world where everyone can live freer, fuller and more expansive lives?
The secret to this extra homework is that this is your life's assignment. Imagine a life and a world where you and everyone else experience more joy, more love and more freedom. This life and world is possible. Namaste.
I'd love to hear your thoughts and any questions you might have about asking high frequency questions and Sourcing ideas. Please leave a comment below. And if you need some extra support, know that I am available to be a listening ear and provide some guidance. Click here to contact me for some complimentary one-on-one time.