You see, my business coach recently came back from an invite-only gathering of women who have committed to personally give away a million dollars to an important cause.
If you decided to give away a million dollars, who would you have to become?
As I thought about this question, some other questions came up for me:
- What cause would I donate a million dollars to?
- What would I change about my business practices and my personal financial decisions so that I could create enough wealth to give away a million dollars?
- What opportunities would I have to create?
- What would I need to say "no" to in order to reach new levels?
- What kind of mindset or "way of being" would I have to embody?
The more I thought about this question of giving away a million dollars, the more I realized that this question asks us to think about ourselves in a much bigger way. In other words, there is no room for playing small with this kind of question.
A million dollars might be a lot to think about giving away. But I bet there probably is some cause near and dear to your heart that, if you could, you would give as much as you could.
So let me ask you these questions:
- What cause is so important to you that you would donate a significant amount of money?
- What amount of money would you commit to give between now and the end of 2015 that would be a bit of a "stretch" for you?
- To get to this amount, what behaviors or ideas about yourself would you have to change?
- In other words, who are you called to become over this next year?
I'm asking you this not as some random exercise. I'm really asking you to think about this because I believe that we all can be more intentional in using our financial resources for a greater good.
I encourage you to take some time to listen to your heart and to dream bigger. I believe you can change the world. How are you being called to show up?
Let me know what this brings up for you. Feel free to post a comment below. Here's to becoming an intentional powerhouse of good!