When I asked them why they had Oprah on there, almost all of them responded similarly:
“I want to be on the Oprah Winfrey show.”
You see, the participants in my workshop had visions of writing their own books, creating transformational programs, and taking bold adventures in their lives. They carried with them this idea that being on the Oprah Winfrey show meant that they had reached a peak of success. And most claimed they were ready to embrace that success now.
So, in the most loving and gentlest of ways, here’s the question I posed back to them:
“If you got a call from Oprah’s producers today and they wanted you on the show tomorrow, would you be ready?”
In all cases, each person said no, they weren’t ready.
In response, I asked each of them, “Okay, so who do you have to become in order for you to be that person that Oprah’s producers call?”
As I teach in my workshops and to my clients, every person has a vision of a greater life. However, your vision isn’t outside of you to be found or captured. In truth, your vision lives inside you, waiting to be expressed.
The way you express your vision is to shed the layers of ideas and beliefs that no longer serve or suit you, and to say yes to the aspects of who you are that allow your vision to come through you more easily.
In other words, you express your vision when you become more of the person you are called to be.
As I posed this question to the vision board participants, I invite you to breathe in this question as well: “Who do you have to become to be that person in your vision?”
In truth, you don’t have to become anything or anyone. The question of “who do you have to become” is really one of “who are you called to be.”
So let’s breathe in that question: “In order to express more fully the vision in your heart, who are you called to be?”
Feel the spaciousness of that. Feel the yearning in that. Feel the joy in that.
If you listen closely and “catch” the vision that’s inspiring your heart, you’re being called out to express more of the joy of who you are. You’re being called to step more boldly into your own greatness.
Your vision may or may not include wanting to be interviewed by Oprah. If not, what is the vision that’s inspiring your heart?
What is the highest idea that is wanting to express more fully in and as your life?
As you feel into that, step into this question again: “In order for this vision to manifest in your life, who are you called to be?”
- If you have a vision of a healthier body, who are you called to be in order to have that healthier body express itself? How are you being called to grow? What must be released and what has to change in your life?
- If you have a vision of moving into a career or job that you love, who do you have to become to make that happen? What do you have to let go?
- If you have a vision of creating healthier, harmonious and loving relationships, what habits must you change? What truth do you have to embrace about you?
- If you have a vision of nurturing your financial well-being, what ways of being are now called forth in you? Where are you called to grow?
At the heart of all these questions, you are being called to embrace a greater truth of who you are.
You are an infinite being, with boundless possibilities for you to express more of the light and love that you already are.
In this expanded consciousness, I invite you to contemplate these questions for your coaching assignment for the week:
- What is one area of your life that is seeking to express more fully and joyously?
- What is the highest idea that you can “see” or “feel” for this area of your life? What does it look like? Take a few moments to sit with this to see what comes forth.
- Now ask yourself, in order for this vision to reveal itself in your life, who are you called to be? What is wanting to be released in order for this vision to unfold? What is wanting to be embraced?
As you sit with these questions, be gentle with yourself and allow sacredness to surround whatever comes up for you.
Your spiritual path is a path of becoming. Become more of who you are. Become more expansive to step into experiences outside of your comfort zone. And remember that with the callings of your heart, in all ways you are loved, guided and supported.
Namaste and Abundant Blessings.
I’d love to hear how this post resonates with you. Please leave a comment below. As always, I’d be happy to be of support to you in any way that I can.