If you were to shrink yourself down to an atomic level size (I know this isn't possible now, but play with me), you would notice that atoms are in a constant state of motion. Even things that seem to be very solid, like a chair, table or a rock, at this atomic level, are not as solid as they might seem. The atoms are moving, and are vibrating at specific frequencies.
Things that appear to be solid vibrate at lower frequencies, and the less solid things appear to be, the higher their frequencies. I like to use the example of water to illustrate this point. Water as steam has a higher frequency than liquid water, which has a higher frequency than ice. If you look at the atoms in each of these states of water, steam vibrates more quickly than liquid water and ice.
So what does this have to do with spirituality?
If everything in life is vibration, then you yourself are a vibrational frequency. Spirituality is a practice and movement to be more conscious and deliberate about the vibrational frequency that is you.
You've probably sensed vibrational frequencies before. Have you encountered people who've said they're feeling "heavy" with emotion? That heavy feeling is an indication of a lower vibrational frequency. On the other hand, you might have come across someone who's feeling joyous and "high as a kite." That high feeling reflects a higher vibrational frequency.
Many people are unconscious about the vibrational frequencies in their lives. Let's go ahead and start to move from the unconscious to the conscious. If you look at a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 represents a very low vibration and 10 represents a very high vibration, ask yourself these questions:
- At what level of frequency are you vibrating right now?
- At what levels are those closest to you vibrating?
- At what levels are your environments vibrating (including home, work, etc.)?
These questions are the beginning stages in understanding the spiritual law of vibration. The lessons first start with awareness.
If you're not clear on how to rate your vibration, a factor you can use is the level of joy you are feeling and experiencing. The more that you are feeling fuller, freer and more joyful, the higher your vibration is.
Here are the implications to understanding the spiritual law of vibration:
- If you're not happy in a particular area of your life (i.e. relationships, health, career, money, time), you're most likely operating in a lower vibrational frequency in that area.
- If you're not conscious and deliberate about your vibrational frequencies, you might be more susceptible to taking on the frequencies of those around you and your environments.
- The Law of Attraction is one of many Spiritual Laws based on the Law of Vibration. In the simplest terms, like attracts like, and whatever is unlike each other repels each other. Your vibrational frequency attracts the people, things and experiences that are in alignment with your frequency, and repels those that aren't.
There are so many ways to use the spiritual law of vibration to create the kind of life and world you envision. I'll be talking more about some of these ways in future blog posts.
For now, here's your coaching assignment for the week: Let's play a game with your awareness of vibrational frequencies. Using the 1 to 10 scale above, silently rate yourself, the people and the environments you find yourself in this week. If you go to the grocery store, you might say, "This place feels like a 6." Or if you run into a bubbly person on the street, you might say, "She's definitely vibrating at a 9 or 10." Remember to rate yourself too. It's good to see the ranges you might be vibrating, and what affects your frequency. This week is all about awareness.
I'd love to hear your thoughts and any questions you might have about the Law of Vibration. This will help me focus my topics for future blog posts. Please leave a comment below. And if you need some extra support, know that I am available to be a listening ear and provide some guidance. Click here to contact me for some complimentary one-on-one time.