“To be honest,” she opened up to me, “my business has really slowed down. After the elections, my clients are withdrawing and not wanting to care for themselves. They’re holding on to their money and don’t want to spend their resources. I hope it’ll pick up soon.”
You might be able to relate, not necessarily to her particular situation but to its own way expressing in your own life.
Like her, you may want to experience something but it’s not happening because there seems to be something out of your control in the way.
- You want a new client but people aren’t spending money on your services.
- You want to do your job in a way that you know works, but your boss keeps on getting in your way.
- You want a romantic relationship but the people you keep meeting are duds.
- You want to lose weight but your co-workers keep on bringing in donuts and pastries to the office.
- You have an idea for a business, but no one has done this before so you think it won’t work.
In these instances, it’s easy to look at what’s happening and throw your hands up in the air and say, “It is what it is. It’s out of my control.”
However, this way of looking at life gives away your power and your potential for happiness to outside forces and conditions. When living from this mindset, you wait for someone else to act.
The truth is: You have the power to live the way you want, with the joy and freedom that your heart wants to experience. And you can start NOW.
Eric Butterworth states this concept beautifully, in his book Spiritual Economics:
“Your Fortune begins with you.”
In other words, your fortune doesn’t begin with anyone else but you.
We live in a Universe full of possibility, where creation is happening all the time. The creative energy that created and is creating our stars and our galaxies is the same creative energy that resides within you.
You have within you all you need to begin experiencing a life of wonder and joy.
And when you embrace this belief, the Universe responds in kind and brings you the resources, situations, people and experiences that are in alignment with your highest good.
If you are willing to see how this can work in your life, here is your coaching assignment for the week:
- What is one thing you’d like to experience in your life? In other words, what is your Fortune?
- If you believed the idea that your Fortune begins with you, what are some ways that you can move closer to experiencing this one thing? List out a few different ways, wording them as concrete actions.
- Looking at your list, see if there’s one that speaks to your heart and brings you excitement.
- Now choose that one and commit to doing it.
And here’s a tip on how you can support yourself to nurture this positive mindset:
Create an affirmation to say to yourself that helps you to remember this Truth.
Here’s an affirmation that you can use:
- My Fortune begins with me. I have within me all I need to experience a life of wonder and joy.
I’d love to hear how today’s blog post resonates with you. Please visit my blog and leave a comment below.
And if you’re in a place in your life where you’d like to make some shifts when it comes to your career, money, spirituality or life in general, feel check out the different programs and services I offer. Click here for more info.